8/17/07

La Buena Vida...

Maybe it is the remaining shards of Catholic guilt that have me feeling a lil guilty for having it so good these days.
Then the other lil voice says "you manifested this, the universe provides."
Then the other lil voice says, "well you know, after the good comes the bad, enjoy it now."
And finally the last of my schizophrenia based vocies chimes in with "Only a person with lil imagination lives within their means, and homes you got an imagination!"

Its been one non stop party since last week.

Friday we wrapped up Summer Bridge with few tears but lots of love and hope. Had a beer with the other profs after we sent the kids home. Got hm, got the Q and dug into two days of Wii.
By Saturday I was almost pro level in tennis and boxing. Q wants to train more and then go toe to toe again.

Sunday I hosted a lil party on the Queen Mary for my radio show. Y and I got there about 1:30pm, got our room, met with the sound peeps, and Nina, one of our good friends and performers. Y and I ran off to pick up supplies for our room and a day's length of partying. Got back in time to drop my set and run the system for Nina. After that. Party time. I took most of my DJs down to the room, set them up and got them on the decks on time. Pics and vids at here, here
and there. Beautiful people, great music, all love for the radio show, great friends, absolutely dope! That night crashed in the room and was visited by various sounds, feelings and scares, that place is freaking haunted!!!
(We'll be having another party on 9/16 come out if you think you can handle)

Monday, I woke up stiff. My back was all messed up. Either way made it to the famous El Rodeo and then had day one of luxurious lounging. Picked up "Reno 911" and some Thai film that was long and dissapointing.

Tuesday: Ragin Waters. The hottest day of the week and I'm at a water park. What? Don't hate.

Wednesday: Pretty much chilled out with good peeps, and more good music all day, into the night, in different spaces.
It's called vacation.

Thursday: Glen Ivy Hot Springs for Y's b-day!!!! WOW. We took an ice chest full of great munchies. Met up with some great friends. Word of the day: MUD. ahhhh. Later came home to dig into more munchies and homie MP brought by the Baskin Robbins Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake.

Today: hey, I hope you are feeling it like I'm feeling it.

Yes shit is bad around the world, in the back yard even, but you need to appreciate the days with the great friends you are given.
Thanks! All love.

No comments: